Queens Cemetery, Bucquoy, Pas de Calais, France. Bucquoy was taken by the 7th Division in March, 1917. It was partly lost in April 1918, and was cleared on the following 21st August. The cemetery was begun in March, 1917, when 23 men of the 2nd Queen's were buried here. Thirteen graves of April-August 1918 were added in September 1918. The remainder of the cemetery was made after the Armistice, by the concentration of British and French graves and one American from small cemeteries in the neighbourhood and from the battlefields of the Ancre. There are now over 700 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site.
Information and cemetery plan sourced from Commonwealth War Graves Commission www.cwgc.org. Image 1 kindly provided by Richard Evans. See his website Nelson, Glamorgan and the Great War http://www.nelson-ww1-memorial.org.uk. Image 2 kindly provided by Pierre Vandervelden from his website www.inmemories.com.